Get our free mobile app

Fire damaged a building at the Lost Island Waterpark in Waterloo Sunday afternoon.

According to Waterloo Fire Rescue, a motorist passing the closed attraction noticed the smoke and called the fire department. When crews arrived, they discovered a fire in a shower facility.

The fire damaged the building's ceiling and attic, Waterloo Fire Rescue officials said. They believe the fire was sparked by an electrical short in a ceiling light.

No injuries were reported.

KEEP READING: Here are the best places to retire in America

READ MORE: 25 Companies You Might Not Know Are Owned by Disney