Eastern Iowa Waterpark Leads Peers in National Survey [VOTE/PICS]
Waterloo's Lost Island waterpark is back in the running for the nation's best waterpark. It's not just nominated, the contest leaderboard shows it in FIRST PLACE!
CBS2 has coverage of this year's "Ten Best Outdoor Waterparks" from USA Today, and voting is now underway! Here's their synopsis of Lost Island:
At Lost Island Waterpark in Waterloo, Iowa, park-goers can take the plunge at Lost Soul Falls, catch a wave in Tsunami Bay, float the Kailahi River, play some volleyball in Blue Iguana Lagoon or ride one of the world's only hydromagnetic water coasters, Wailua Kapua.
To vote for Lost Island, click the link here. Others rounding out the Top 10 in voting so far include:
- Cedar Point Shores Waterpark, in Sandusky Ohio
- Dollywood's Splash Country in Pigeon Forge, Tennessee
- Splashin' Safari in Santa Claus, Indiana
- Aquatica Orlando in Orlando, Florida
- Schlitterbahn Waterpark & Resort in New Braunfels, Texas
- Universal's Volcano Bay Waterpark in Orlando, Florida
- Island H2O Live in Kissimmee, Florida
- Hurricane Harbor in Jackson, New Jersey
- Water Country USA in Williamsburg, Virginia
One more, very popular midwest waterpark remains in the running, just outside the Top 10:
Voting continues through April 25. Place your vote (once per day max) here.
Lost Island Waterpark has placed in the Top 5 of the list each of the past five years, winning it all in 2020. Although the new Lost Island theme park site, which is still under construction. suffered from a fire last month, the waterpark was unaffected and is set to open for the season in May.
According to CBS2:
The fire that started on March 10th at the theme park construction site did leave some major damage to some areas, including the Yuta Falls Family Flume Ride, which is one of the new park's centerpieces.
Learn more here.