Waterloo House Fire Under Investigation
Investigators are trying to figure out what sparked a fire that heavily damaged a Waterloo home late Saturday afternoon (June 24, 2017).
Fire crews were called to 2125 Plainview St. around 5:15 p.m. According to Waterloo Fire Rescue officials, the homeowner was inside the house with his two children when he noticed smoke coming from the attached garage and called 911. All three people escaped the structure uninjured.
Doug Dahlhauser of Waterloo Fire Rescue said the fire was contained to the garage and likely damaged parts of the house. The blaze destroyed a car inside the garage and damaged another vehicle in the driveway.
Dahlhauser said the cause of the fire is still under determined.