Iowa’s Virtual Dirt Track Classic Enters Main Event
The main event for the 2018 Iowa's Virtual Dirt Track Classic has begun. 51 drivers in five divisions are left to battle for this year's championship. Here are the Round 1 results.
It's the 2018 Iowa's Virtual Dirt Track Championship presented by Bill Colwell Ford (Hudson, Iowa), Quick Lane Tire & Auto Center (Hudson, Iowa), and Townsquare Media Waterloo. It's a virtual race powered by your votes, and the final week of voting has begun.
The top 10 drivers from each group competing in the Quick Lane Tire & Auto Center Round 1 have been determined. The top two vote-getters in each group automatically advanced to the Bill Colwell For Main Event. The rest of the top ten was filled in by the highest vote-getters, regardless of which group they were assigned, not already in the championship round. One exception to that rule was with the Late Model division; all 11 drivers advanced.
Voting has begun for the Bill Colwell Ford Main Event (vote here), and everyone will be able to vote (once every 24 hours) for two drivers in each group until Tuesday (Jan 30) at 5:00 PM. That's when we will throw a 'competition caution' and stop the voting engines.
Then Wednesday morning we will reveal the final five in each division that will race for the championship. At that time, everyone will only be able to vote for one driver (once every 24 hours) until Thursday at 5:00 PM.
We will crown our champions in all five divisions and the 'Grand Champion' Friday morning.
- GROUP 1: (Top 2 Advance) Clint Luenllen, Cayden Carter, Chris Zogg, Chase Ellington, Dennis Laveine, Colby Springsteen, Bryce Garnhart, Alex Reetz.
- GROUP 2: (Top 2 Advance) JD Auringer, Josh Gilman, Justin Kay, Jeff James, Josh Ruby, Jason Schueller, Jake Strayer.
- GROUP 3: (Top 2 Advance) Kelly Shryock (most votes overall), Mike VanGenderen, Scott Hogan, Mike Jergens, Nick Deal, Shane Demey, Mitch Morris.
- MAIN EVENT QUALIFIERS: Shryock (most votes overall), Luellen, Carter, Auringer, Gilman, VanGenderen, Hogan, Kay, Jergens, and James.
STOCK CAR RESULTS:
- GROUP 1: (Top 2 Advance) Cole Mather, Devin Smith, Donavon Smith, John Olver Jr., Chad Palmer, Elijah Zevenbergen, Jake Masters, Joe Zadina.
- GROUP 2: (Top 2 Advance) Mike Nichols, Luke Sathoff, Brian Blessington, Keith Knopp, Johnny Spaw, Marcus Fagan, Lynn Panos, Kirk Kinsley.
- GROUP 3: (Top 2 Advance) Nathan Wood, Tyler Picket, Mitch Hovden, Danny Thrasher, Phil Holtz, Tim Schneider, Rich Gregoire.
- MAIN EVENT QUALIFIERS: Wood (most votes overall), Mather, Pickett, Nichols, Sathoff, Devin Smith, Blessington, Knopp, Oliver Jr., and Palmer.
- GROUP 1: (Top 2 Advance) Colby Fett, Curtis Van Der Wal, Chase Rudolf, Cody Olson, Austen Beccrra, Brandon Hare, Chad Ryerson, Dolton Simonsen, Colton Livezey.
- GROUP 2: (Top 2 Advance) Jake McBirnie, Doug Smith, Kyle Olson, Kyle Anderson, Dan Hovden, Gage Neal, Jerry Miles.
- GROUP 3: 1. (Top 2 Advance) Tyler Soppe, Tony Olson, Trevor Fecht, Ty Griffith, Travis Peterson, Troy Bauer, Tony Dunker, Tyler Johnson.
- MAIN EVENT QUALIFIERS: McBirnie (most votes overall), Smith, Soppe, Tony Olson, Fett, Van Der Wal, Kyle Olson, Fecht, Rudolf, and Griffith.
HOBBY STOCK RESULTS:
- GROUP 1: (Top 2 Advance) Benji Irvine, Daniel Smith, Chanse Hollatz, Brandon Nielsen, Brady Link, Blake Arends.
- GROUP 2: (Top 2 Advance) Leah Wroten, Jason Fusselman, Dustin Griffith, Luke Ramsey, Jamie Schirm, Jeff Struck Jr..
- GROUP 3: 1. (Top 2 Advance) Shannon Anderson, Matt White, Steve Larson, Myles Michehl, Aaron Martin, Randy Byerly.
- MAIN EVENT QUALIFIERS: Anderson (most votes overall), Irvine, Wroten, Fusselman, Smith, White, Griffith, Ramsey, Hollatz, and Larson.
LATE MODEL: Current Main Event Results
Darrel DeFrance leads Jesse Sobbing at the half way point for the Late Model Main Event. Todd Cooney runs third, but Justin Kay has been slow making up ground the last two days. Charlie McKenna rounds out the top five. The remained of the field looks like this: Brian Hunter, Corey Zeitner, Matt Ryan, Chad Holladay, Joel Callahan, and Dennis Woodworth.