Iowa Cattlemen’s Association Cattle Marketing Listening Sessions Scheduled
Cattle Marketing Listening Sessions Scheduled The Iowa Cattlemen’s Association has been dedicated to improving market conditions for Iowa’s independent cattle producers since long before the Holcomb, Kansas Tyson plant fire.
However, recent market conditions have added more urgency to the situation, and ICA’s volunteer leaders are actively searching for new solutions to the market problems faced in the upper midwest. The ICA Feedlot Council has been working on specific policy proposals and invites cattle producers to attend one of the upcoming cattle marketing listening sessions.
Each meeting will include a history of ICA's policy initiatives related to cattle marketing and an open forum to discuss new ideas with staff, Feedlot Council members and board members. Members who are unable to attend one of the five meetings will be given an opportunity to voice their opinion through other avenues.
Meeting dates and locations:
- October 15, 7 pm, Ames; Iowa Cattlemen's Association
- October 17, 7 pm, Atlantic; Cass County Community Center
- October 23, 10 am, Maquoketa; Johnson Family Farms, 101 300th Ave
- October 23, 7 pm, Osage; Knights of Columbus Hall
- October 28, 7 pm, Sioux Center; Kooima, Kooima and Varilek office.