The Iowa State Fair Ranks WHERE Out Of All State Fairs?
There is truly no place on this planet of ours where it is more socially acceptable to scarf down copious amounts of greasy, fatty, deep fried (awesome) food than a good ol' State Fair! Texas has a the BIGGEST one. Minnesota has the second biggest, but who has the BEST STATE FAIR?
Well, the folks at Insider.com ranked the Top 17 State Fairs and ours in Iowa finished... #8
So what's the reasoning? The folks at Insider say:
Come for the now-iconic Butter Cow sculpture. Stay for the live entertainment, Fair Queen competition, and whopping 82 food-on-a-stick options. Known as "America's classic state fair," the Iowa State Fair has inspired books, three movies, and a Broadway musical. Casual.
But what kinda stinks, is a couple other Midwestern State Fairs were actually ranked higher. The top 10 State Fairs are:
- The San Diego County Fair (this isn't even a STATE Fair!)
- The Eastern States Exposition (Also not a State Fair as this encompases 6 states)
- The Deerfield Fair (New Hampshire)
- The OC Fair (California)
- The Wisconsin State Fair
- The Iowa State Fair (YAY!)
- The North Carolina State Fair
- The Fryeburg Fair (Maine)
Well, I'd wager our CORN and abundance of national politicians is better, anyways!