Happy National Cat Day, Iowa!
Finally, a fake holiday we can ALL get behind: National Cat Day! And, sorry people with allergies...
To celebrate the 'holiday', here's some fun facts on just how much Iowans, and Americans in general, love our cats:
- 84% of cat owners treat their cats like part of the family.
- 66% say that in general, they'd rather spend time with their cat than their friends.
- Over 75% say talking to their cat is like a form of therapy.
- The top qualities we love about our cats are their loyalty, playfulness, and how mild mannered they are.
- 51% of cat owners rescued at least one of their cats. The top places we get rescues from are animal shelters, friends and cat-rescue organizations.
- The top cat-themed items we own are clothes, framed photos of our cat, cat calendars, cat cell phone cases, and sheets or blankets with cats on them.
- 65% of cat owners have travelled with their cat. Moving and driving them to your new home must have counted. Because who VACATIONS with their cat?