Sales & Promotions Assistant Job Opening
Townsquare Media Waterloo is looking for a Sales & Promotions Assistant for our Waterloo, Iowa location.
We are looking for the perfect person to join our team. Are you a hard-working, energetic person that show initiative and willingness to learn new things? Do you have strong computer skills? Can you multi-task, prioritize, and meet deadlines? Then this new career is for you.
In this demanding, fast paced position you will assist 3 departments; the Sales Department, the On-Air Department, and the Business Department. In the sales department, you would assist in creating PowerPoint proposals for the sellers to present to clients. You would assist as the liaison between sales and on-air for related events and promotions, by working with the Program Directors on gathering details and coordinating prize giveaways and other promotional support as needed. Finally you would be assisting the stations Business Department by answering phones, greeting customers and listeners, distributing prizes as needed, and assisting with weekly invoicing to clients and ad agencies. You would also be trained as the backup to our Traffic Manager.
- Work with the Market Manager to create Power Point sales proposals that include an opportunity for clients to provide quality items for on-air contesting or quantities of items to be used for sampling and/or distribution at station remotes
- Assist in the coordination of the World Largest Garage Sale events twice annually and for other promotions that may be developed throughout the year…this will require some nights and weekends
- Host effective weekly promotions meetings including Brand Managers, and the Market Manager. Immediately manage discussed promotions and provide Market Manager and Brand Managers with follow up notes to meeting
- Coordinate Quality Assurance with the Business Manager and Market Manager on promotional contracts, trade agreements, rules and waivers.
- Greet customers & listeners with professionalism. Assist listeners with prize giveaways
- Show initiative and be able to lift at least 50 lbs.
- Gas, wash and maintain station vehicles as needed
- Assist with weekly invoicing to clients and ad agencies
- Be fully trained as backup to our Traffic Manager: schedule & edit the logs; enter PO’s, submit affidavits
- Arrive on time each work day and ready to begin and complete projects
To be considered for this position, please email your cover letter with salary request & resume to: WaterlooRadioJobs@TownsquareMedia.com.
Townsquare Media, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). The Company provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, status, pregnancy, childbirth, physical disability, mental disability, age, military status or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, gender, medical condition, sexual orientation, or for any other reason covered by applicable federal, state and local laws. In addition, the Company complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the Company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.