Iowa Ranks High in States with the Fewest COVID-19 Restrictions
We're ALL tired of COVID-19. The news cycle... the cancellations... and most of all, the people we've lost who've had the virus. Unfortunately, it appears to be here to stay until we get a vaccine, or really clamp down on our activities. When it comes to restrictions in place as a result of the ongoing pandemic, Iowa actually has very few compared to the other 49 states and Washington, D.C. That according to WalletHub.
Using their metrics, Iowa ranks 8th (out of 51) in states with fewest COVID-19 restrictions. Meaning, we have very few. Here's how things broke down to determine the results:
Here's the categories and where Iowa ranks in terms of restrictions here. 1= Fewest 25 = Average and 51 = is tightest restriction(s).
- 29th – Requirement to Wear a Face Mask in Public
- 1st – Workplace Temperature Screening
- 1st – Reopening of Child-Care Programs
- 15th – Travel Restrictions
- 14th – Large Gatherings Restrictions
- 1st – Strictness of “Shelter in Place” Order
- 6th – Reopening of Non-Essential Businesses
- 2nd – Reopening of Restaurants and Bars
While our restrictions may seem lose despite rising cases nationwide, the good news is in Iowa, according to the states official COVID-19 information page, we've got fewer Iowans hospitalized due to COVID-19 than in May/early June and far fewer in the ICU than May/early June. Still, it is important to stay healthy and stay vigilant when in public.
KEEP READING: Can You Guess These C.V. Locations From An Aerial View?