Hy-Vee Adds Additional Cheese Products On Top Of National Recall
October is starting strong with a Nationwide and multi-county cheese recall.
Old Europe Cheese of Michigan has stopped production of its cheeses as the company is taking measures to eliminate contamination from its facility that is linked to the recall.
The recall is for cheese that was distributed to stores across the United States and Mexico from August 1, 2022, to September 28, 2022, due to Listeria monocytogenes contamination. The best by dates on these products is September 28th to December 14th.
The cheese recall is impacting stores in Iowa
Hy-Vee is one of the retailers that received the recalled cheese and has decided to voluntarily recall eight products that include cheese as well as products manufactured for Saputo Cheese USA.
A list of the recalled products from Hy-Vee includes;
- 02-47309-00000 Cranberry Brie Torte (Brie Hostess)
- 02-47310-00000 Apricot Brie Torte (Brie Hostess)
- 02-47260-00000 Triple Crème Brie, Montamore Cheddar, and Aged Gouda Cheese Board
- 02-45920-00000 Sparkling Fruit and Cheese Board
- 02-46794-00000 La Bonne Vie Domestic Double Crème Brie (cut & wrapped)
- 02-46795-00000 La Bonne Vie French Double Crème Brie (cut & wrapped)
- 75450-12681 Bon Appetite Gift Basket
- 75450-12588 Deluxe Delights Gift Basket
The recall is impacting Hy-Vee stores in Iowa, Illinois, Missouri, Kansas, Nebraska, South Dakota, Minnesota, and Wisconsin. The best by dates on these products is September 28 to December 14th.
Hy-Vee’s recall includes repackaged products so the product name and code are not included in the original recall that is posted on the FDA’s website. Old Europe Cheese’s recall includes over 90 products, more information on those products can be found on the FDA’s website.
Companies Based in Iowa
Every Iowa Restaurant Featured on Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives