Date Set For Cedar Falls Special Election
Cedar Falls voters go to the polls next month to choose a city council representative.
A special election has been set for March 24 to fill the at-large seat currently held by Nick Taiber. Residents petitioned for the special election after the city council voted Jan. 20 to appoint Taiber to the seat, which was left open when Rob Green became mayor.
The deadline for candidates to file in the Black Hawk County Elections Office is Feb. 28. Candidates need 162 signatures to place their names on the ballot.
Polls will be open from 7 AM until 8 PM on election day at five locations in Cedar Falls. City officials said Black Hawk County will be utilizing vote centers that combine multiple precincts, allowing residents to choose a location to vote.
The Cedar Falls voting centers will be set up at the following sites:
- St. John Lutheran Church, 715 College Street (upper level)
- Bethlehem Lutheran Church, 4000 Hudson Road
- Church of Christ, 2727 W. 4th Street
- Cedar Heights Community Presbyterian Church, 2015 Rainbow Drive (lower level)
- Trinity Bible Church, 125 Orchard Drive
Anyone with questions should contact the Black Hawk County Election Office at 319-833-3007 or firstname.lastname@example.org.