A woman and her son have escaped injury in an early morning house fire in Westgate.

Authorities received a report of a house on fire at about 1:15am today (Thursday, Jan. 21) at 105 Pearl Street in Westgate. Residents in the house were woken by smoke alarms.

The woman, identified as Miranda Steinbronn, and her 6 year old son, were trapped in a bedroom on the second floor.

The fire department enlisted the aid of a deputy and other people, to put together a rescue team.

Steinbronn and her son were pulled to safety; they were treated for minor injuries at the scene.

The cause of the early morning blaze was a candle left burning in a bathroom.
The Westgate Fire Department was assisted by the Maynard Fire Department, and the Red Cross.

AM 950 KOEL logo
Enter your number to get our free mobile app


KEEP READING: Top 10 Weirdest Street Names In The Cedar Valley




More From AM 950 KOEL