Unattended Tractor Causes Fire that Destroys a Barn
An area farmer has lost his barn to a fire, caused by an unattended tractor.
Shortly after 5pm Tuesday (Nov. 27), several Linn County agencies were sent to a structure fire on Buffalo Ridge Road near Anamosa.
The fire started from an unattended tractor in the barn that was being filled with diesel fuel.
No one was hurt, but the barn was a total loss.
Agencies that responded to the blaze, included the Linn County Sheriff, Center Point Ambulance, and fire departments from Anamosa, Coggon, Prairieburg and Springville.
The fire was not suspicious in nature, and is not under investigation.