Lost Island Opening This Weekend
Just in time for summer AND 90+ degree weather, a Cedar valley summer staple is re-opening. Lost Island, the largest waterpark in the state of Iowa, opens its gates again this Saturday, June 20. Notable, this is the first official day of summer.
Safety measures include:
- All crew members will have their temperature checked prior to the start of their shift.
- All crew members will be required to wear masks while working.
- Hand sanitizer will be available at touch points throughout the park.
- Added cleaning of bathrooms, lockers, handrails, and dining areas.
- Maximum park attendance will be limited and on a first-come-first-admitted basis. Throughout the summer you will be able to check the current attendance limit on our website.
- Queues will be marked with appropriate distances between groups
- The number of available chairs will be based on social distancing.
- Life jackets will be sanitized.
- Tubes will still be returned in designated areas in order to maintain proper sanitizing measures.
- We will continue to maintain healthy chlorine levels tested four times daily.
Lost Island is asking customers to avoid visiting the park if they or a family member has been ill in the past 14 days.
Hey, summer is not a total washout (PUN INTENDED!) this year! Lost Island is located off highway 218.
Downtown Waterloo Restaurants THEN & NOW