Is Iowa One Of The Best State’s For Women In 2020?
It's Women's History Month and although women have come a long way in society to prove how independent, strong and confident we are and how we can hold high end positions in society, there is still work to be done. We can see that with this new study from WalletHub.
WalletHub has recently released it's list of 2020's Best and Worst State's for Women. They compared things like unemployment rate of women, preventative health care, high school graduation rate, median earnings for females who work and so on. So where did Iowa land on this list?
Iowa is the 3rd Best State for Women! This is awesome and I expect no less of Iowans! Overall for Iowan women, they landed the #1 spot for unemployment rate for women, they were #5 for high school graduation rate for women and #7 for female uninsured rate. Here are some other spots we landed in when it came to the key factors:
- #10: Median Earnings for Female Workers
- #15: Women’s Life Expectancy at Birth
- #16: Share of Women in Poverty
- #16: Women’s Preventive Health Care
- #18:Quality of Women’s Hospitals
- #19: Share of Women Who Voted in 2016 Presidential Election
Check out the full study here.