New Saloon Opens In Heart of Downtown Waterloo
Old meets new at this new Waterloo watering hole.
Spring and summer is a prime time for many new businesses and restaurants to open their doors for the first time. The Cedar Valley has been experiencing a business boom over the past few weeks.
A new saloon style bar called Iron Horse Saloon has opened in downtown Waterloo.
Iron Horse Saloon is located at 303 West 4th Street and celebrated their grand opening on Friday, June 23rd. Now, they will be open every day for business!
The bar is described on their social media as an, "...energetic saloon for the locals. Bringing something new and improved to W 4th St."
Iron Horse teamed up with SingleSpeed to create several of their signature drinks, these include;
- The Iron Horse ~ It's the bar's own version of a boilermaker. SingleSpeed's Gable is used with a shot of Shanky's Whip Whiskey Liqueur.
- Oil Spill ~ This drink uses SingleSpeed's popular beer Tip The Cow along with a shot of Revel Stoke's Peanut Butter Whiskey.
A few of their other signature cocktails on the menu include:
- BurnOut ~ Mezcal Tequilla with Fireball Cinnamon Whiskey and Ginger Beer
- SideCar ~ This is a Prohibition Era inspired drink! Torres 10 Brandy with Orange Liquer and lemon juice.
- Vespa ~ Dulce Vida Grapefruit Tequilla and soda water.
This bar is operated by the same team behind some other popular downtown spots like The Loft, and the Broken Record.
Stay up to date with everything going on in Eastern Iowa by downloading the free station app from your app store. Also make sure you're following the station across all of the social media platforms for the most up to date restaurant and business news.