Iowa’s Favorite Super Bowl Beverage Is NOT Beer…
According to the National Chicken Council, Americans will eat a record 1.4 billion chicken wings over Super Bowl weekend. A new survey found they're NOT the most popular Super Bowl food:
That honor goes to chips and dip. Here are the ten most popular Super Bowl foods this year:
1. Chips and dip. 40% plan to serve it or eat it during the Super Bowl.
2. Wings, 36%.
3. Pizza, 35%.
4. Nachos, 29%.
5. Cheese and crackers, 20%.
6. Cookies, 18%.
7. Burgers, 17%.
8. Meatballs, 12%.
9. Tacos, 12%.
10. Ice cream, 12%.
They also looked at the most popular drink choices, and #1 is not beer. The top five are Pop, then beer, iced tea, wine and whiskey.
When it comes to the 1.4 billion chicken wings, visualize these stats from the National Chicken Council:
- Every player in the NFL, including the San Francisco 49ers and Kansas City Chiefs, would have to consume 825,000 wings each to reach 1.4 billion
- 175 million pounds of wings weighs 1,500 times as much as the entire 49ers team and three of their team buses
- 1.4 billion wings could circle the circumference of the Earth 3 times
- 1.4 billion wings are enough to give every attendee of every Super Bowl since 1967 each 342 wings
- 1.4 billion wings laid end to end would stretch the entire Florida coastline, home of Super Bowl LIV, more than 9 times
- If each of the 1.4 billion wings were counted as one second, they would equal about 45 years
So what's your 'go to' super-snack food and drink combo?