Five Arrested Following Police Searches In Waterloo, Cedar Falls
Five people were taken into custody on weapons charges after authorities conducted searches in Waterloo and Cedar Falls as part of an ongoing investigation.
Police said seven illegally possessed firearms -- two of which were previously reported stolen -- were recovered during the operations. According to authorities, detectives also seized various types and quantities of narcotics at each of the three locations.
The Waterloo Police Department's Violent Crime Apprehension Team (VCAT) and officers with the Tri-County Drug Enforcement Task Force executed the search warrants Tuesday. The probes took place at 2007 College St., Apt. 3, and 1939 College St., Apt. 234, in Cedar Falls, and at 1147 Oleson Road in Waterloo.
Waterloo police confirmed that five men were arrested following the search. They were booked into the Black Hawk County Jail on the following charges:
- William Burt, 27, of Waterloo: Felon in possession of a firearm, possession with intent to deliver schedule IV controlled substance
- Xzavier Cummings, 21, of Cedar Falls: Possession with intent to deliver marijuana while in possession of firearm
- Qunshaundes McNealy, 26, of Waterloo: Felon in possession of a firearm (two charges), domestic abuser in possession of ammunition (two charges), trafficking stolen weapons, fourth-degree theft/possession of stolen property (firearm), valid warrants for violation of no-contact order and disorderly conduct
- William McNealy, 21, of Cedar Falls: Felon in possession of a firearm (two charges), fourth-degree theft/possession of stolen property (firearm)
- Sahjit Phillips, 22, of Waterloo: Felon in possession of a firearm, trafficking stolen weapons, fourth-degree theft/possession of stolen property (firearm)
Multiple agencies were involved in the searches. The Waterloo Federal Safe Streets Task Force, Cedar Falls Police Department and the Iowa Division of Narcotics Enforcement assisted in the operation.