Authorities were called out to a weekend explosion and fire caused by fireworks, that put a resident in the hospital.

The incident happened at about 3pm Saturday at Parkview Trailer Court in New Hampton. Fireworks ignited in a shed, causing the explosion at the mobile home.

Some trailer court residents report that they heard and felt the explosion. The blast and fire damaged the shed and another nearby mobile home.

A witness noted that a couple had been living in the mobile home; the male had sustained burns, but the severity of his injuries was unknown.

The New Hampton Fire Department was assisted by the Lawler Fire Department and personnel from Black Hills Energy.


More From AM 950 KOEL