Check Out These 5 Awesome Iowa Cideries This Fall [LIST]
This morning, I came across a new article from Midwest Living outlining '6 Small-Batch Midwest Cideries Experimenting with Classic and Unexpected Flavors.' I was excited to see that an Iowa cidery made the list!
Winterset Cidery in Winterset is the third business to be recognized in Midwest Living's article of Midwest cideries. The article reads:
"Owners Nick and Niña Williams took over the operation in 2019 and are perfecting small-batch recipes that are aged several months for the best flavor. Heat-lovers should try the Lime Habanero (Nick's favorite). Apple Pie (Niña's top pick) is a crowd favorite."
According to the official website, Winterset Cidery has 30 different varieties of apple trees, a spacious tasting room, and a beautiful countryside view. Some of the cider flavors they offer include Cherry-Vanilla, Honey Jasmine, Pineapple Orange, Bourbon Barrel, and Pumpkin Spice.
Winterset Cidery is just one of the awesome local cideries we have here in Iowa! Here are a few of the others that you can check out this fall:
- Sutliff Farm & Cider House
- 382 Sutliff Rd, Lisbon
- Cider flavors include Original, Rose, Mimosa, and Sangria
- Thursday from 2 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Friday & Saturday from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Sunday from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Wilson's Orchard & Farm
- 4823 Dingleberry Rd NE, Iowa City
- Cider flavors include Goldfinch, Peach Fizz, Cherry Crush, Old Blue, Honeycrisp, Apple Cider Donut, Rose, Maple Pecan, Oak Aged, Caramel Apple, and Stella's Strawberry
- Ciderhouse Hours
- Wednesday through Saturday from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- Brunch Saturday & Sunday from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Orchard & Farm Hours
- Wednesday through Sunday from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Convergence CiderWorks
- 302 Washington St, Decorah
- Cider flavors include Wandering Harvest, Flyway Gold, Moonglow Ginger, Solstice Spice, Wild Bluff, and Drift Less
- Tuesday & Wednesday from 4 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- Thursday through Sunday from 12 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- Fishback & Stephenson Cider House
- 1949 Pleasant Plain Rd, Fairfield
- Flavors include Cherry Poppins, Coyote Verde, First Crush, Cherry Kush, Peach Passion, and Salty Sailor
- Open Thursday through Saturday from 4 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- Brunch Sunday from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
There are some other Iowa-made ciders that you can buy at various bars and stores throughout the state, like Bridgehouse Cider, Jacked Up Hard Cider, and Jefferson County Ciderworks. You can get more details on each one by clicking on its name.