Northeastern Iowa Joint Scores ‘Top Burger In Iowa’ Nomination
In a tasty challenge that has far, far more winners than losers, the Iowa Beef Industry Council and The Iowa Beef Cattlemen's Association has allowed Iowans to vote for the BEST BURGER in the state.
The finalists have to the following, including a restaurant in Eastern Iowa:
- Ankeny Diner, Ankeny
- Dotzy’s Restaurant and Saloon, Elgin (WOO!!)
- Landmark Restaurant, Williamsburg
- Morgan’s Corner Bar & Grill, Ottumwa
- Rides Bar & Grill, Fort Dodge
- Robin’s Nest Café and Bakery, Clarinda
- Saucy Focaccia, Cedar Rapids
- The IowaStater Restaurant, Ames
- The Twisted Tail Steakhouse & Saloon, Logan (Beebeetown)
- Wood Iron Grille, Oskaloosa
Dotzy’s Restaurant and Saloon is the lone area (not counting Cedar Rapids) entrant. Elgin, Iowa is located about 70 miles northeast of Waterloo. The joint is also new to the competition having never been nominated in prior years.
The winning burger and establishment will be crowned on May, 1st as a kick off to National Beef Month.
(SOURCE: Des Moines Register)