Iowa Has a Ridiculous Amount of Fast-Food Restaurants
I like Subway. It's fast and healthy. It's also convenient. Like, no matter where you are in Iowa, there's a Subway nearby. They have standalone stores, and locations inside Walmarts, gas stations, and shopping malls.
In fact, in Cedar Rapids, there are about 14 of 'em. While up in the Cedar Valley where I live, I can think of 11... Okay, that's not what I'm getting at. I went to the website Nice Rx for some help on the technical side of things when it comes to fast-food options in the state of Iowa.
Using the numbers they crunched, I can tell you there are 8.9 Subways for every 100,000 people here in Iowa. That's a lotta eatin' fresh! It's also nearly twice as many Mcdonald's. Not that it's bad to have options, especially quick ones when you are in a hurry.
For fun, try hitting three or four in a row. That's not doctor recomended, but the way.
There are 4.6 Mickey Dee's for every 100k people. Using Nice Rx's data, the least common fast food joint here in Iowa is Dunkin' Donuts. There's actually only 1 Dunkin for every 100,000 Iowans. Here are other chain fast-food restaurant stats:
- Burger King: 2.6 BKs for every 100,000 Iowans.
- Starbucks: 3.7 Starbucks for every 100,000 Iowans.
- Taco Bell: 1.7 Taco Bells for every 100,000 Iowans.
- Domino's: 1.3 Dominoes for every 100,000 Iowans.
- Wendy's: 1.3 Wendys for every 100,000 Iowans.
- KFC: 1.3 KFCs for every 100,000 Iowans.
- OVERALL: There are 67.7 fast-food restaurants for every 100,000 Iowans.
The study is all well and good, but they didn't even tally up regional chains like Taco John's and Dairy Queen, so there's certainly more than what we're seeing represented here statewide.
Delicious Eastern Iowa Fries
This Iowa Mansion is More Amazing than a Five-Star Resort