Is Iowa One Of The Best States For Doctors In 2020?
It's a scary time nowadays with the Coronavirus pandemic happening around the world. It is important to get the best healthcare and have the best doctors to help fight this virus and Iowa has some of the best!
WalletHub has recently released it's list of "2020's Best & Worst States for Doctors" and Iowa made the top 10 list (on the "best" side)! Iowa is 2020's 7th Best State for Doctors! This was determined when WalletHub compared multiple sets of data including average annual wage of physicians, insured population rate, hospitals per capita, annual malpractice liability insurance rate, etc.
Here is how Iowa ranked in these categories:
- 5th – Avg. Annual Wage of Physicians
- 25th – Avg. Monthly Starting Salary of Physicians
- 7th – Hospitals per Capita
- 6th – Insured Population Rate
- 12th – Projected % of Population Aged 65 & Older by 2030
- 29th – Projected Physicians per Capita by 2026
- 25th – Malpractice Award Payout Amount per Capita
- 5th – Annual Malpractice Liability Insurance Rate
I don't know about you, but this makes me feel better especially amongst the pandemic at the moment.